Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Do to recent events...

I have decided to come out of blogtirement...


My last post was almost 4 years ago... Wow Times Flies... A lot has happened since my last post.

My 2nd son was born and my wife and I are expecting our 3rd in November.

I need(ed) an outlet and in my mind this will allow me to do this.


Enough with the niceties and on to the real reason I have decided to pour my heart out to the keyboard and the internets. The past year or so has been fucked up for me health wise...


Damn near every time I went to the Dr in the past 18 months I have left with another ailment... and prescription for that matter...

High Blood Pressure (HBP)(Hypertension), Low Good Cholesterol (LGC), Swelling from the Meds and then finally Pre-Diabetes. Yeah, and I hadn't even had my 30th birthday yet... 

HPB This is just in my genes being that I am Black... you need to just deal with it. The LGC on the other hand... who knows, still working on that one. The Pre-Diabetes... face it I'm "overweight" (read #fatkid)So you've got to change your eating habits and get more exercise... This is going to be tough but I'll see what I can do... So from about August of 2010 I changed my eating habits and cut out a lot of the sugar, starting with my morning cup of coffee... changed cold turkey to Splenda (which I still really don't like) and my blood sugar #s started to come down... and I think I am winning this battle with Diabetes... slowly but surely! There may still be hope for me yet.

No comments: