Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Just when I though it could get any worse...

Picking up where I left off ...

So towards the end of last year my blood sugar #s were improving by coming down. Great... I figure I'll stay on that path and I can have the Pre Diabetes label/diagnosis removed and I can get on with my modified life to make sure I keep it away... 


Then comes 2011. I go into my Dr in February and she does blood work... I then go in for a check up and she says... So, What has changed? I respond I've started a weight loss challenge at work and I am loosing weight... Oh, she says... Because your HbA1c #s have doubled! WTH? You have got to be kidding... FMH! How is that possible? I ask my Dr. To which she responds that hopefully the lab made some mistake and I needed to do more blood work... Nope... No mistake. Now she says I believe you might be Type 2 diabetic Well isn't that just great... so what does that mean? A pamphlet or two and I am on my merry way with an order to get an abdominal CT scan.

What my Dr told me was to get the scan what she didn't tell me was I would need to drink a Barium (Radiocontrast agent). Let me be the first to tell you that shit sucks... It tastes like room temperature liquid chalk. I also had an IV of a different contrast that wasn't too bad considering the Barium. CT done... Time to wait. I had a few co-workers ask me the next day how was last night? I'm confused, what are you talking about? The Barium. Was it as bad coming out as it was going in? Nah, no problems... until a few days later. lets just say it kept me awake in the bathroom for the better part of a night to the point that I didn't go into work the next day.


The results visit... I head back to my Dr. for the results of the CT scan, she wanted the CT scan to check on my pancreas. Where insulin in the body is made, Dr says it looks fine... But...We found a mass in your chest. WTF? Really your just joking with me right... No, you have a 2.5 cm mass on the right side of your chest near the right lung... Yep, FMH!

2 comments:

Calvin Francis Harris said...

I know how I missed the "check this out..." because it's not a hyperlink, so I just chalked it up to some of your twitter/glifics.

Wow, so what is the update since then?

Sch-Rel Desire said...

So, what happen with your Chest Mass?