Monday, April 30, 2007

BoneFish Grill

Last weekend my wife, son, and I decided to go out for a late lunch early dinner. We live in Baltimore and were headed out to Owings Mills MD to Cheeburger Cheeburger. To no avail we couldn't find it. It seems the place was closed and gone.

We were still hungry so in the same area where the Cheeburger Cheeburger should have been there were a few other restaurants, one of which was Bonefish Grill. I went in and grabbed a menu we decided it was a go. We go in... This place is NICE! Along the lines of Carabba's but more of a seafood focus where as Carraba's is Italian.

We had Bang Bang Shrimp as our appetizer. It was just the right amount of spicy and sweet. It wasn't spicy enough to send you reaching your glass of water but just enough to give it a nice kick of flavor.


I had the Filet Scampi, it was on the specials menu. This is my favorite thing to get when I go to Carabba's (Its not on the menu at Carraba's you have to ask for it). It was very good. My wife had fish, I can't think of the name of I think it was Grouper... but don't quote me on that. Jr, my son had shrimp and fries. My wife and I had some of his shrimp they were great, even though he didn't like them. He ate the batter off of them and spit the shrimp out, but he ate his fries and some of the veggies from my plate and a few tomatoes from my wife's.


What I thought...

Atmosphere: The place is brand new it seemed so everything was still VERY nice. I hope they can keep it up. It was more an upscale restaurant, so I think they will have to keep up that image.

Food: The food was very good aside from Jr. not liking the shrimp everything was great.

Child Friendliness: Because we have a young son (16 months) and one on the way it is very nice to see nicer restaurants that cater to more then those on first dates (parties of 2) and celebrating something (parties of 6 or more). For that reason alone it will be high on our last minute go out to dinner list.

Cost: You get what you pay for. Look to spend maybe $18 - $23 Avg. per person. Not too bad considering how nice the place was.

Overall: My wife and I really enjoyed Bonefish we were pleasantly surprised. Would we go again? Yes. Would we tell others about it? Yes.

LOCATIONS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I don't like about Charleston is the lack of good restaurants. We have all of the chains, Olive Garden, Outback etc., but very few GOOD places to eat. The last time I tried a so called high end place, I ended up with food poisoning lol

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.